TO OUR VALUED PATIENTS
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
Our team at the Sechelt Dental Centre is pleased to inform you that we are now operating at near pre-COVID levels. We are taking all necessary precautions to treat patients safely and are able to provide most dental services once again.
You will notice some changes when you attend your next appointment.
These new protocols will be reviewed with you when you schedule an appointment and have been included in a list of Enhanced Precautions (see next page). We assure you that our team is the same dedicated group you know, though you may be seeing their smiling faces covered with a mask and face shield.
If you have any questions or require a dental appointment, please call the office and the receptionists will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very challenging time. We value your trust and your loyalty and look forward to seeing you.
From all of us at the Sechelt Dental Centre
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask a set of health-related questions.
You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Longer appointment times are scheduled to prepare and complete all infection control.
- Social distancing measures will be provided in the reception area – we ask that only patients with appointments attend the office, unless you are a necessary caregiver or parent of young children.
- You will notice that our reception area no longer offers magazines as they are difficult to disinfect.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office as well as requesting that you wear a mask to your appointment.
- An oral pre-rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We have implemented enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients. This will include a fogging device to access hard to reach areas.
- Ambient air management with facility HVAC and chairside HEPA filters in treatment rooms.
- Personal protection equipment such as face shields, gowns and appropriate masks for our Doctors and staff to provide barriers particularly to aerosols.
- Introduce protocols to minimize airborne aerosols during dental procedures.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures in all areas.