Welcome Back Letter To Our Patients
TO OUR VALUED PATIENTS
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our dental office, along with all of you, has been through a difficult time over the past few months and we are pleased to be returning to our practice of dentistry.
Our team at the Sechelt Dental Centre is excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. We are gradually opening the office in phases that allow us to ensure that we take all precautions to keep both our patients and our staff healthy. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will notice some changes when you attend your next appointment. Some of these new protocols will be reviewed with you when you schedule an appointment and have been included in a list of Enhanced Precautions (see next page). We assure you that our team is the same dedicated group you know, though you may be seeing their smiling faces covered with a mask and face shield.
We have started treating patients that have urgent dental issues and will move through this stage to begin booking patients to treat all of their dental needs. Hygiene appointments will be phased in as well over the next several weeks when we begin re- appointing all the scheduled visits that we had to postpone.
If you have any questions or require a dental appointment, please call the office. Your calls will be answered or messages called back.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very challenging time. We value your trust and your loyalty and look forward to seeing you as soon as possible!
From all of us at the Sechelt Dental Centre
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask a set of health-related questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Longer appointment times are scheduled to prepare and complete all infection control.
- Social distancing measures will be provided in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
- You will notice that our reception area no longer offers magazines as they are difficult to disinfect.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office as well as provide you with a mask to wear into your appointment unless you are wearing your own mask.
- An oral pre-rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We have implemented enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients. This will include a fogging device to access hard to reach areas.
- Ambient air management with facility HVAC and chairside HEPA filters in treatment rooms.
- Personal protection equipment such as face shields, gowns and appropriate masks for our Doctors and staff to provide barriers particularly to aerosols.
- Introduce protocols to minimize airborne aerosols during dental procedures.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures in all areas.